Thursday, June 7, 2012

Red Velvet Cupcakes For Everybody!!!!!







True story:

When I first started my writing career some ten years ago I use to go to the Go On Girl Book Club web site and dream that someday my novel would be selected.

The Go On Girl! Book Club is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit organization that supports authors of the Black African Diaspora by choosing one book per month for all club members to read. The Club reading list is formed twice a year. Members read a book each month, meet to discuss it, and then write the author of the book to express their opinions about the work.
  
 I didn't think it would happen, well, dreams can come true!!

 A few days ago I learned that the Go On Girl Book Club selected Act of Grace for their September  book club selection. As a new author from a tiny independent press this is great news and I am very, very honored.

 



2 comments:

Mary in A2 said...

That's fantastic, Karen!!! Congratulations.

Angela FlowersMoore said...

Keep on doing what you do, you rock.