Monday, June 13, 2011

My First Book Signing




Come meet me for a discussion and signing of my debut novel at :



Nicola's Books
2513 Jackson Ave Ann Arbor MI
Wednesday, June 15th 7pm



The sign in the bookstore window states that my novel is about justice, redemption and the power of forgiveness, but I would also like to add that my novel features some great music along with excellent descriptions of food, especially a certain magical pound cake. As one reviewer stated:

This is Simpson's first novel. It is a must read. Her poetic style of writing soothes you into the harsh realities of racism, violence, and absolute hate based horror. The hero, Grace, puts an end to historical and current race based violence by her own sacrifice--after learning much from her ancestors. Simpson reveals the truth of the crossroads metaphor, saving Robert Johnson, by allusion, from misrepresentation. Music and food are the backdrops of Simpson's work: "better than sex" chocolate cake, red velvet cake, Nina Simone and John Coltrane….



For more information about me or the novel please see the Nicola's Books website


Hope to see you there!




No comments: